Tuesday 29 May 2007

The wonders of the Ulster Fry


Ah the Ulster Fry... As an English girl in Belfast, this is one of my favourite discoveries.

But in a few weeks I am off for a long weekend in Donegal, and the Hotel we are staying in serves a 'Full Irish Breakfast'.
How does this differ to and my beloved Ulster Fry?
Will it be as good?
I hate disappointments.

I had a look on Ulster Fry but it didn't have any information on the alternative breakfast in question.
I know that Gary from Ulster Fry . co. uk is an avid reader of 'Rosa Blogs' so maybe he could shed some light... Gary?

Well if you think you know the answer please let me know. And in true Ulster Fry style, the best correct response wins the ingredients of an Ulster Fry

Do check out The Ulster Fry website too, it's pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe the full Irish potato bread is replaced with a slice each of black and white pudding. Black pudding is made from blood and white pudding, consists of pork meat and suet, bread, and oatmeal formed into the shape of a large sausage.

I had a full Irish in Dublin on Sunday twas good for a hangover but i missed the potato & sodabreads.

Clare